I. LOCATION AND ACCESSIBILITY OF LONG AN INTERNATIONAL SEA PORT
The project has many advantage conditions of site and accessibility
Distance to HCM city center of approximately 30 km by national way 50; To HCM city - Trung Luong highway of 30km; To Hiep Phuoc Port of 7 km by river way.
Adjacent to HL19 (Ben Luc – Tan Tap Road); Tan Tap – Long Hau Highway; and Ring Road No.4.
Distance to estuary of East Sea of 15 km by Soai Rap river way;
Easy to access Vam Co river system and Cho Gao canal which is arterial waterway connected to the Mekong Delta.
Soai Rap River can welcome the 50,000 DWT vessel at the present and 70,000 DWT vessel in the future.
Long An international sea port
II. LONG AN PORT INFORMATION
- Land area about 147ha.
- Running 2.6km along the Soai Rap River.
- Seven international wharves with 1.67 km long to handle ships weighing between 30,000 and 70,000 deadweight (DWT) and six wharves with 0.4 km long for domestic inland ships of 1,000 DWT.
- Its loading and unloading capacity is expected to reach 2.5 million tons/year in the first phase in 2015, increasing to 9.3 million tons in the 2nd phase and 15 million tons in the 3rd phase.
- The first wharf have been constructed and expected to finish in the beginning of 2015.
Master Plan of The Long An port project
- Present condition: Area 396 ha, most of the area is agricultural land and residential area. Convenient infrastructure connections.
- Project goals: Integrated industrial parks and infrastructure to attract investments.
- Total estimated capital: US $86 million.
- Investors: the Long An S.E.A Industrial Park Joint. Calling for potential investments to cooperate.
+ Had Detail plan, scale 1/2000.
+ Carrying out site clearance and constructing infrastructure.
- Uban policies: Have many preferred policies about land rent, tax policy as well as provincial policies.
Source: Long An Economic Zone Authority (LAEZA)