Workers at Long An industrial park
- High quality labor: Almost of industrial parks in the province of Long An near Ho Chi Minh city, about 30 km to District 1. Take advantage above, investors are very easy to attract high-quality labor focusing abundant in Ho Chi Minh City (cultural and economic center in Vietnam).
Bus from HCMC go to regional industrial areas of Long An with high frequency, 15-30 minutes per trip; good transport to Ho Chi Minh City help enterprises easy to recruit staff.
- Local labor: According to statistics in 2013, Long An province has 898.100 people in the working age. Large workforce trained at the school, training centers provide regular annual for enterprises. Moreover, when converting the agricultural sector to industry, concurrently with the modernization of agriculture has created a large labor force surplus and this resource transferred to work in the industrial park.
- Labor from Mekong Delta River: The advantage of being the gateway of Ho Chi Minh City to Mekong Delta province. This advantage help Long An easily attract large labor resources from Mekong Delta province; and this labor resources contributes more than 40% of workers in the industrial park of Long An province.
2. Basic Salary
New regulations in Decree 103/2014/ND-CP dated 11/11/2014 by the Government stipulating region-based minimum wage levels for labourers working for companies, enterprises, cooperatives, cooperative groups, farms, households, individuals and agencies, organizations employing labourers under labour contracts as follows:
|Area||Minimum wage 2016 (VND /month)||Minimum wage 2015 (VND /month)||Minimum wage 2014 (VND /month))||Minimum wage 2013 (VND /month)||Minimum wage 2012 (VND /month)||Minimum wage 2011 (VND /month)||Update|
Long An regions
- Region II: Tan An City, Duc Hoa, Ben Luc, Can Duoc and Can Giuoc district of Long An province;
(Almost industrial parks of Long An province in localities of Region II)
- Region III: Kien Tuong town, Thu Thua, Duc Hue, Chau Thanh, Tan Tru and Thanh Hoa district of Long An province;
(Industrial parks in localities of Region III): Thi Tran Thu Thua, Long Hau Hoa Binh, Viet Phat, An Nhat Tan, An Nhat Tan II).
- Region IV: Moc Hoa, Tan Hung, Tan Thanh, Vinh Hung.
Check Long An map
3. Real wages (real income of workers) (million VND/ month)
|Employee||2016 ||2015 ||2014 ||2013 ||2012 ||2011 ||Update|
|Senior managers, skilled technicians||-||10||7,8||7,6||7,4||7,2||11/2015|
* Information for reference only, salary excluding seniority.
4. Social Insurance
|Salary deductions||Employer ||Employee ||Total (%) ||Update|
|1. Social Insurance||18%||8%||26%||11/2015|
|2. Health Insurance||3%||1,5%||4,5%||11/2015|
|3. Unemployment Insurance||1%||1%||2%||11/2015|
|4. Trade union fund||2%||||||11/2015|
5. Personal income tax: Individuals having income from salary, wage and business operation of less than 9 million VNĐ (427 USD) per month shall be exempted from personal income tax.
6. Other provisions
- Fully paid days off: 12 days/year if working 12 months (01 day for each month) plus 1 day more for every 5 year working.
- Public holiday: 10 days/year.
- Regulation on working hours: maximum 48 hours per week (8 hours/day, at least 01 day off per week).
- Working overtime:
+ Normal day: 150% normal salary
+ Fully paid days off, public holidays: 200% normal salary
+ Working overtime at night: 300% normal salary
- Probation working:
+ 06 days for normal workers.
+ 30 days for skilled workers.
+ 60 days for experts.
- Probation salary equals to 80% normal salary.
Source: Long An Economic Zone Authority (LAEZA)