1. Manufacture of composite materials, light construction materials, precious and rare materials.
2. Manufacture of high-quality steel, alloys, special metal, porous iron and steel billet.
3. Investment in the construction of establishments using solar energy, wind energy, biogas, geothermic and tidal energy.
Production of medical equipment for analytical and extractive
technology in the medical sector; orthopaedic equipment, specialized
vehicles and equipment for the disabled.
Application of advanced technology, bio-technology for production of
medicines for human use up to international GMP standard; production of
6. Production of computers, telecommunication and communication and Internet equipment and key information technology products.
Production of semi-conductors and hi-tech electronic components;
production of software products, items of digital information; provision
of services on software, research into information technology and
training of human resources for information technology.
Investment in the production and manufacture of precision mechanical
engineering equipment; equipment and machines for examination and
control of industrial manufacturing safety; industrial robots.
Breeding, rearing, growing and processing agricultural, forestry and
aquaculture products; production of salt; production of artificial
strains, creation of new plant and animal varieties
9. Afforestation, tending of forests.
10. Breeding, rearing and growing agricultural, forest and aquaculture products on uncultivated land, unexploited waters.
11. Fishery in offshore sea waters.
12. Production of artificial strains, new plant varieties and livestock breeds of high economic value.
13. Production, mining and refining of salt.
Use of high technology and advanced techniques; protection of the
ecological environment; research, development and nursery of
14. Application of high technology or new technology which has not yet been used in Vietnam; application of bio-technology.
Treatment of pollution and protection of environment; production of
equipment for pollution treatment and equipment for observation and
analysis of the environment.
16. Collection and treatment of wastewater, gas emission and solid waste; recycling or reuse of waste.
17. Research, development and nursery of high technology.
IV. Labor intensive industries
18. Projects employing 5,000 or more employees on a regular basis.
V. Construction and development of infrastructure facilities and important industrial projects
Investment in the construction and commercial operation of
infrastructures of industrial parks, export processing zones, hi-tech
parks and economic zones or important projects falling within the
deciding competence of the Prime Minister.
VI. Professional development of education, physical training, health, sports
20. Investment in the construction of facilities for treatment of tobacco or drug addiction.
21. Investment in the establishment of facilities for epidemic prevention and control.
22. Investment in the establishment of geriatric centers or centers for relief and care of the disabled and orphans.
Investment in the construction of centers of training for
high-achievement sports, sport training for the disabled; the
construction of sport facilities with training and competition equipment
satisfying requirements for organization of international tournaments.
VII. Other manufacturing and service sectors
24. Investment in research and development (R & D) accounting for 25% or more of the revenue.
25. Salvage operations at sea.
Investment in the construction of apartment buildings for workers
working in industrial parks, export processing zones, hi-tech parks and
economic zones; investment in the construction of dormitories for
students and of residential houses for social policy beneficiaries.
B. LIST OF DOMAINS ENTITLED TO INVESTMENT PREFERENCES:
of new materials and production of new energy; manufacture of high-tech
products; bio-technologies; information technology; mechanical
Production of soundproof, electricity insulated or high heat-insulated
materials; synthetic materials used as a substitute for wood; fire-proof
materials; construction plastics; glass fiber; special-use cement.
2. Production of non-ferrous metals and refining of cast iron.
3. Production of molds and prototypes for metal and non-metal products.
4. Investment in the construction of new power plants, in power distribution and transmission.
Production of medical supplies and equipment, construction of
warehouses for preservation of pharmaceutical products, reserves of
medicines for human use in case of natural disasters and dangerous
6. Production of equipment used for testing toxic substances in foodstuffs.
7. Development of the petrochemical industry.
8. Production of coke and active coal.
Production of plant protection drugs, pesticides, preventive and
curative drugs for animals and aquatic creatures; veterinary drugs.
Materials for production of medicines or medicines for prevention or
treatment of social diseases; vaccines; biological products; medicines
produced from pharmaceutical materials; eastern medicines.
Investment in the construction of facilities for biological experiment,
assessment of the availability of medicines; pharmaceutical
establishments satisfying GMP standards in producing, preserving,
testing, and carrying out clinical tests of medicines, planting, rearing
or harvesting and processing of pharmaceutical materials.
Development of sources of pharmaceutical materials and production of
medicines from pharmaceutical materials; projects for research or
substantiation of scientific grounds for prescriptions for eastern
medicines and formulation of standards for testing of prescriptions for
eastern medicines; survey and statistics of types of pharmaceutical
materials used for production of medicines; collection, inheritance and
application of prescriptions for eastern medicines, finding,
exploitation and use of new pharmaceutical materials.
13. Production of electronic appliances.
Production of machines, equipment and detail assemblies for the
following sectors: oil and gas exploitation, mining, energy and cement;
production of large-sized lifting equipment; production of machine tools
for metal processing and metallurgy equipment.
15. Investment in the manufacture of high and medium voltage electric devices or generators of large capacity.
Investment in the production of diesel engines; investment in the
repair or building of ships; equipment and spare parts for
transportation ships and fishing ships; production of dynamic and
hydraulic machinery and spare parts and compressing machines.
Production of equipment, vehicles and machinery for construction;
technical equipment for the transportation sector; locomotives and
Investment in the manufacture of machine tools, machinery, equipment
and components for agricultural and forest production; machinery for
food processing; irrigation equipment.
19. Investment in the production of equipment, machinery for textiles, garments and leather industries.
rearing, growing and processing agricultural, forestry and aquaculture
products; production of salt; production of artificial strains, creation
of new plant and animal varieties
20. Growing of plants for pharmaceutical purposes.
Investment in post-harvest preservation of agricultural products,
preservation of agricultural and aquaculture products and foodstuffs.
22. Production of bottled or canned fruit juices.
23. Production and refining of feed for cattle, poultry and aquatic resources.
24. Technical services for planting industrial and forest trees, husbandry, aquaculture, protection of plants and livestock.
25. Production, multiplication or crossbreeding for new plant varieties or livestock breeds.
of high technology and advanced techniques; protection of the
ecological environment; research, development and nursery of
26. Manufacture of equipment for responding to and dealing with oil spills.
27. Manufacture of equipment for waste treatment.
Investment in the construction of technical facilities and works:
laboratories and experimental stations to apply new technology to
production; investment in the establishment of research institutes.
IV. Labor intensive industries
29. Projects regularly employing between 500 and 5,000 employees.
V. Construction and development of infrastructure facilities
30. Construction of infrastructures serving production and business of cooperatives and life of communities in rural areas.
Investment in and commercial operation of infrastructures and
investment in the production in industrial complexes, industrial spots,
complexes of rural trade villages.
Construction of water plants and water supply systems for civil and
industrial use; investment in the construction of water drainage systems.
Construction and upgrading of bridges, roads, terminals, airports,
seaports, railway stations, bus stations and parking lots; establishment
of new railway routes.
Construction of technical infrastructures of concentrated population
areas in the geographical areas in Appendix II to this Decree.
VI. Professional development of education, training, health, sports, physical education and Vietnamese culture
Investment in the construction of infrastructures for education and
training establishments; investment in the construction of
people-founded and private schools and education and training
establishments at the levels of pre-school education; general education,
vocational high-school education and tertiary education.
36. Establishment of people-founded and private hospitals.
Construction: physical training or sport centers, training facilities
and physical training and sports clubs; establishments for production,
manufacture and repair of equipment, supplies and equipment for physical
training and sports.
Establishment of national cultural houses; national dance, music and
song troupes; theaters, film studios, cinemas; establishments for
production, manufacture and repair of national musical instruments;
maintenance and preservation of museums, national cultural houses and
culture and arts schools.
Investment in the construction of national tourist sites, ecological
tourist sites and cultural parks for sports, entertainment and
VII. Development of traditional crafts and industries
Building up and development of traditional trades and occupations for
production of fine-art and handicraft goods, processing of agricultural
products and foodstuffs and cultural products.
VIII. Other manufacturing and service sectors
Provision of Internet connection, access and application services and
points for accessing public telephones in areas in Appendix II to this
Development of mass transit including: transportation by ships,
aircraft; railway transportation; road transportation of passengers by
cars with 24 seats or more; transportation of passengers by modern and
high-speed vehicles by inland waterway; container transportation.
43. Investment in the relocation of production establishments to non-urban areas.
44. Investment in the construction of class-I marketplaces and exhibition centers.
45. Production of children’s toys.
46. Activities in mobilizing capital and lending capital of people’s credit funds.
47. Legal consultancy, services of consultancy on intellectual property and technology transfer.
48. Production of various types of materials for production of pesticides.
49. Production of base chemicals, purified chemicals, special-use chemicals and dyes.
50. Production of materials for production of detergents and additives for the chemical industry.
51. Production of paper, cartons, artificial planks from domestic agricultural and forest materials; production of pulp.
52. Weaving and fashioning of textile products; production of silk and fibers of all types; tanning and processing of leather.
53. Investment projects on production activities in industrial parks established under decisions of the Prime Minister.