(The Socio-economic Development Master Plan of Long An Province up to 2020 and Vision Toward 2030)
Social Economic master plan of Long An.en.pdf
The Socio-economic Development Master Plan of Long An Province up to 2020 and Vision Toward 2030 has been approved by the Prime Minister in Decision No. 143 /QD-TTg dated 03/10/2012.
Economic objectives of planning to achieve:
- Economic growth rate per period 2012 - 2030 reached 12.5%/year, of which the period 2012 to 2020 increased by 13%/year.
- By 2015, GDP per capita reached 50 million VND/person/year (about 2,400 USD); the share of agriculture, industry and services in GDP respectively 28%, 41%, 31%; Provincial budget revenue in the province accounted for 10% of GDP; ability to raise capital from the state budget revenues accounted for 28.5%.
- By 2020, GDP per capita reached 80 million VND/person/year (about 3,800 USD); the share of agriculture, industry and services in GDP, respectively accounting for 15%, 45%, 40%; Provincial budget revenue in the province accounted for 10.8% of GDP; ability to raise capital from the state budget revenues accounted for 29.6%.
- Vision 2030: GDP per capita reached 172 million VND/person/year (about 8,000 USD); the share of agriculture, industry and services in GDP respectively 7%, 48%, 45%; Provincial budget revenue in the province accounted for 10.8% of GDP; ability to raise capital from the state budget revenues accounted for 29.6%.
Proposed Zoning; the province can be broadly classified into three zones. Generally, the Vam Co Dong and Vam Co Tay rivers can be considered as boundaries of these three zones:
- Zone 1 (Agricultural, Eco-Tourism and Border Gate Economic Zone): This zone including the districts of Vinh Hung, Tan Hung, Moc Hoa, Tan Thanh, Thanh Hoa, Chau Thanh and part of Thu Thua is primarily resourced and maintained for intensive agriculture activities to ensure food security of the country and to serve as a competitive agriculture production areas of the province together with development of agricultural services, residential areas as well as development of services and industries in border economic zone. Zone1 is also important to enhance rural landscape of the province to attract tourists and visitors. Therefore development orientation is not only directed for AFA sector but also improvement of rural life of the people and exploration of eco-tourism opportunities. Preservation of rural and cultural resources is also an important element. Moc Hoa town serves as the center of Zone1 and promote exchange of trade and services between DTM region and Tan An area. In order farther to enhance the orientation for Zone 1, it is important to strengthen coordinated planning and actions with neighboring provinces including those of Cambodia.
- Zone 2 (Ecological Zone or Buffer Zone): This zone is mainly located between the two ecological corridors of Vam Co Dong and Vam Co Tay rivers. Main purpose and importance of the Zone 2 are (i) to protect Zone 1 from inadequate and excessive urban and industrial development of Zone 3, (ii) to develop agriculture with comparative advantage, (iii) to spare land for eco-friendly development including industries, eco-tourism towns/villages, provincial logistic centers, (iv) to create a new type of land-use and unique landscape with a mixture of urban and rural nature, (v) to protect Vam Co Dong and Vam Co Tay rivers from pollution due to development which may become more active in the future, and (vi)to preserve rich space for future development, say after 2020 or 2030 which can be decided by next generation based on the conditions then. Thu Thua town will be the centre of Zone2 which provides Zone2 with regional transportation (road and water) links and connection between provincial economic zones, border gates and seaports. In general, developments in Zone2 will be undertaken in strictly controlled manner and permitted only in designated areas along the roads and other specified areas.
- Zone 3 (Focal Economic Region or Urban and Industrial Zone): This zone covers Vam Co Dong River and the FER districts of Duc Hoa, Ben Luc, Can Giuoc, and Can Duoc, as well as part of Tan Tru in Ha, Tan An City, and part of Thu Thua district. Urban and industrial development will be concentrated in this zone where infrastructure will be well provided, demand for urban areas and development demand is high and market exists. This zone intends to promote farther competitive urban and industrial development and establish Tan An – Ben Luc urban corridor and special urban and industrial centers in Duc Hoa, Can Giuoc and Can Duoc.
Orientation concentrated urban development and general industrial, forming corridors for urban development center in Ben Luc - Tan An urban and industrial characteristics in Duc Hoa, Can Giuoc, Can Duoc...
Three zones map
Planning approved the basis and important orientation focus province calling for investment, economic development. On the basis of the plan, the province of Long An ongoing planning, roadmaps, projects and specific projects to implement the plan in the future. Long An is committed to creating favorable conditions for the enterprises and economic sectors to understand and invest in the province.
Source: Long An Economic Zone Authority (LAEZA)